Wednesday 4 March 2015

Dance For Camera - First Draft



Shots/Camera Angles Used:
  • Mirror Shot - seen in dance studio clips
  • Close Up - e.g. legs and hands movement.
  • Establishing Shot - opening in the dance studio.
  • Long Shot - seen in outdoor clips.
Stimulus/Structure: 
My stimulus is girls and their power. I want the feeling of the piece to be positive, showing myself in the video as happy and confident. I currently have one main motif, which you can see being performed in the first 20 seconds of the video. In my first draft, I also used the lyrics of the music to influence my choreography.

Choreographic Devices: 
  • Repetition - e.g. saluting, jumping back on myself.
  • Retrograde - e.g. 2nd dance studio angle.
  • Levels - e.g. floor movement in garden.
  • Dynamics - e.g. my opening position with both fists to my waist is both still and sharp. The rising arm to salute holds tension and is one of the only slow moments in my choreography.
Dance style: 
A mix of street and jazz.

Music:
Run The World (Girls) - Beyoncé

The song is empowering to women, as Beyoncé vocalises what women do and what they deserve. Therefore, it suits my stimulus well.

Costume:
This is the aspect I need to work on most. The costume I wear in the dance studio sections fit well with my theme because the khaki-coloured top presents a military look, suggesting power. Whereas, I am wearing my everyday clothes in the outdoors section. The jeans restrict me from fully doing the choreography and the jacket appears heavy. Next time, I am going to take inspiration from the following image -


The image of Beyonce imitating the classic Rosie the Riveter shows her dressed in a bright red bandanna and loose denim top. The pose along with the 'We Can Do It!' slogan fits well with my feminism/girl power stimulus.

Space:
The dance begins in the dance studio, and shifts to outdoors. It returns to the dance studio every now and again, which is where the dance finishes.

No comments:

Post a Comment