Saturday 10 January 2015

Costume Costings - Red Riding Hood


I first looked at a red colour scheme. Seeing as the cape is 'as red as blood' in the script, I chose the shade scarlet for all red pieces of clothing - the skirt and cape. This is because scarlet is the shade of red which stands out the most to me, giving it that blood-like look. 


Above is a blog I used to help me decide which materials I wanted to use to make my clothes. The descriptions, combined with further image research (see below), brought me to my final decisions. 


After deciding on types of material, the next task was to source it. I searched 'red poplin' into Google and the first site that came up that sold it was Amazon. Amazon is a site I've used for personal shopping, therefore it is a site I trust and am happy to use for this project.


In making the skirt, it soon came to my attention that this would require elastic, for the waistband. This is what I sourced next, also on Amazon: 




No comments:

Post a Comment