Monday 18 May 2015

Dance For Camera - Rehearsal Process

Firstly, I improvised choreography to fit with my girls stimulus. From this improvisation came motifs and once getting confident with these, I began filming, playing around with various camera angles. For instance, a motif of mine was filmed using an establishing shot and then again but from behind the dancer and closer. 







As I am the dancer in my video, I asked Elsie to peer assess the choreography I was creating. If she liked a piece of movement, we would film it a number of times, applying choreographic devices; for example, performing it slower or faster (dynamics), performing it at different levels, changing the amount of space used.  She has assisted me filming in rehearsal and will do in the final videos. I directed her, saying which angles I wanted. Deciding on what camera angles to use was more or so a trial and error process; we had to experiment a fair bit to see what looked most visually effective.

Elsie's feedback:

WWW - I come across happy and confident when performing the choreography.

EBI - The choreography could be more specific to the stimulus.

Gathering all the clips taken in class rehearsals, I uploaded them onto a computer and used iMovie to edit them, for example, I had to mute the sound in the clips, as it would be heard even with music added on top. Once in iMovie, I was able to import music from my iTunes library. I looked at upbeat songs with lyrics to match my message, which led me to Beyonce - Run The World (Girls).




No comments:

Post a Comment