Monday 18 May 2015

Show Strengths & Weaknesses

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3

Strengths:

  • Tapping in Gumbie Cat is at a great standard. We are performing it in unison which really shows as everyone does the same arms and legs.
  • I'm beginning to channel Bustopher Jones well. For example on the line 'because I've preserved all my life a routine...', my mockery of him is obvious.
  • Good meandering and interaction between year 13s and 12s in Old Deuteronomy. It shows that their media/press characters. It also creates an effective visual image.
  • My group dance sections in Jellicle Ball are really strong. I am being as energetic as possible, whilst keeping extension of the body always in mind.
  • Growltiger is growing in animation. The sword fight at the beginning is slick and effective for setting the fantasy scene.
  • Skimbleshanks has a strong opening - the scene is hectic which is our exact intent.


Weaknesses:

  • Solo lines in Prologue - my voice sounds strained, this is probably because I had just recovered from a sore throat. To improve the quality, I think I need to keep the whole line in either chest or head voice, and not go from one to the other.
  • Timing of 2nd trio verse in Gumbie Cat - currently singing behind the music. This weakness can be fixed by listening to the track prior to the next show and singing it altogether.
  • Exit stage earlier for the start of Grizabella: The Glamour Cat. With me offstage, it will highlight Grizabella's isolation, making the audience feel sympathy.
  • Lower volume of voice in Growltiger to match Josh's. As a duet, we need to be equal with eachother.
  • Fuss around more/longer when getting into first front line formation in Skimbleshanks, as the other side do. Perhaps try fixing something of Ellie or Catrina's.

No comments:

Post a Comment