Monday 18 May 2015

Further Development - Cats

If Cats were to go on tour...

I would like to see more clearer attitudes towards Grizabella, before and after she is accepted. When she receives the envelope in  'Journey to the Heaviside Layer', I want a mix of reactions. In the show, me and Sophie were stunned. This shock could be slightly more bitter and even angry. This would contrast to those who are overly happy for her and immediately begin to clap when she is announced as the new face of the magazine. As Ellie's character - Demeter - is the only one by her side up until the finale, I think their relationship needs to have more secretive moments and affection. Perhaps in Grizabella: The Glamour Cat, they could embrace eachother so quickly because they are scared of Demeter getting caught. However, I do worry that won't match the pace of the song. 

Another aspect I would further develop is Mungojerrie and Rumpleteaser's reputation. I think the agency characters need to frown upon them more. For example, they could try and enter the party during Old Deuteronomy but be rejected.

As for my own character, I'd like Jellylorum to have a closer relationship with Gus prior to their duets. Also, I'd wish to interact more with Bombalurina and Demeter. Originally, they are the 3 queens. Currently, they share no closeness, except for in The Old Gumbie Cat and Grizabella: The Glamour Cat. Their friendship could simply be shown if the formations were rearranged on stage so that they're always in the same line or performing group dance sections together, like they do in The Jellicle Ball.

No comments:

Post a Comment